12-year-old boy died after being electrocuted playing bottle game with friend who tried to save him

[ad_1]

A 12-year-old boy died after being electrocuted on train tracks despite his friend trying to save him.

The youngsters from Liverpool, England, were playing ‘Flip the Bottle’ when the tragedy happened in October 2019.

James Myers was trying to retrieve the bottle when he slipped and fell onto the high voltage track and was “catastrophically” electrocuted, as per the the Liverpool Echo newspaper.

His friend tried to pull him off the line and also attempted CPR but the voltage had caused “instantaneous” death, an inquest heard.

James Myers
YouTube

A recent inquest into his death heard that James had climbed up a 6ft railing to try and retrieve the bottle and then dropped down to the tracks from a metal bridge above.

Network Rail, the organization responsible for the tracks, said since the incident repairs had been carried out and stronger fencing added so now it was “impossible” for someone to get onto the dangerous lines from that location.

His devastated mom said it was too late for her son who should never have been able to access the track in the first place.

“His death has damaged our lives forever, we’ll never get to see him grow up, or give us grandchildren, or get married…We see kids in the street and we think, what would James be like now?

James Myers
YouTube

“The authorities say those railings are 6ft, but it’s much lower, it’s just a stepping stone to a 12-year-old,” she added, as per the Mirror newspaper.

His parents said James was a “typical 12-year-old, full of energy, on the go all the time, who had a heart of gold”.

In a statement, Chris Pye, Network Rail infrastructure director for the North West, said: “Our heart goes out to the family and loved ones of James, whose life was so tragically cut short.

‘Never trespass on the railway’

“Safety is our top priority. That includes fencing off the railway so people can’t get on to it because it is dangerous.

“We would remind everyone never to trespass on the railway.”

Coroner Julie Goulding gave the cause of death as electrocution and a conclusion of accident was recorded.

James Myers
YouTube

Such a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to James’ family and friends. Rest in peace.

Please share as an important warning to others to stay away from train tracks.

The post 12-year-old boy died after being electrocuted playing bottle game with friend who tried to save him appeared first on Happy Santa.

[ad_2]

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *