Prince Charles “deliberately” snubs Meghan Markle with new picture to mark Archie’s birthday

[ad_1]

Prince Charles is not happy with his son, Prince Harry. That’s partly because he and Meghan Markle left the Royal family, but mostly because of the Oprah Winfrey interview they did after they had left.

Charles tried to speak with Harry following Prince Philip’s funeral, but that didn’t go quite as well as planned. And even though time has passed, Charles is said to remain a long away from accepting the fact that his son has moved on.

To that end, it seems that Meghan Markle has been dealt her share of anger from Charles as well. As per reports, Meghan was specifically excluded from Charles’ birthday message to her son Archie. According to a royal expert, the future king knows exactly what he is doing.

Shutterstock

It’s been three weeks since Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth, was laid to rest in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. The funeral was a small gathering with about 30 family members.

Many of the attendees were, of course, the closest family of Philip, but prior to the event, one guest in particular stole the focus.

Meghan & Harry’s royal feud

Prince Harry travelled from the US to be a part of the funeral. Since he and Meghan Markle left the Royal Family last year, tensions been high between the couple and Buckingham Palace. Things then turned even uglier following their candid interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Several members of Buckingham Palace were said to be outraged over the claims made by Harry and Meghan. Time might heal many wounds, but this one isn’t something that will fade away easily.

One relationship in particular that seems to have reached rock bottom is that of Harry and his brother, William.

Weeks before the funeral, US Weekly reporter Christina Garibaldi claimed that William was willing to give Harry one more chance to prove that he was loyal to the Royal family.

“William thinks Harry chose fame over family,” Garibaldi said as quoted by Express.

“A source tells us that ‘William feels that Harry has got too big for his boots since moving to California and that success and Hollywood has gone to his head.’

prince harry
Shutterstock

Choosing fame over family might have many different meanings. Firstly, several Royal Family members are of the opinion that doing the interview with Oprah was wrong in the first place.

Secondly, the fact that Meghan and Harry have left the Royal Family and are now focusing on their civilian careers, has not gone down well.

Settling into civil US career

Since leaving, Harry and Meghan have already signed deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Harry will also be working as the chief impact officer at the Silicon Valley startup company, BetterUp. Harry will serve as coach, as well as advocating publicly on topics related to mental health.

“I intend to help create impact in people’s lives,” Harry told the Wall Street Journal.

Meghan Markle is also making headway. As per reports, she will become an author upon the release of her first children’s book.

The Bench will be published June 8, and is inspired by the lovely bond between her husband Harry and their son Archie.

“The Bench started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father’s Day, the month after Archie was born,” the duchess said in a statement.”That poem became this story.”

meghan markle
Shutterstock

She added: “My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the make-up, as much as it does with mine.”

Harry “ambushed” by Charles & William

During the funeral of Philip, Harry and William didn’t walk shoulder-to-shoulder. Afterwards, though, the two were seen speaking.

Many thought this could actually be a sign that things were cooling down, that the brothers were trying to come to some sort of truce. But reports following the funeral told another story.

It’s since been said that Prince Charles – Harry’s father – and William had visited Harry, but he didn’t take it well at all. The meeting, which lasted for two hours, didn’t solve any problems.

On the contrary, Harry was left ‘outraged’ about the meeting. It turns out that the two-hour sit-down at Windsor Castle was unscheduled, and that Harry felt “ambushed” by his father and brother.

“The meeting after the family laid Prince Philip to rest was not scheduled. Harry felt ambushed by his dad and brother which is no way to start a peace process,” a source told Radar Online.

Harry
Shutterstock

The same source says that William and Harry had some contact before the wedding, however, it was more “texts than calls,” and their first attempt at patching up their relationship was a failure.

Prince Charles still angry with Harry

“Now to you negotiate peace with a couple who are willing to burn the whole place down? Harry and Meghan think they are coming to the table in a position of power and they have nothing else to lose,” the source said.

Not only that, but Harry wasn’t keen on trying to solve the feud without having Meghan Markle at his side. She didn’t attend Philip’s funeral due to the fact that she’s expecting her and Harry’s second child this summer, and was “advised by her physician not to travel”. 

Harry and William definitely have plenty to talk about. However, the relationship between Harry and Prince Charles looks even worse.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Clarence House (@clarencehouse)

Following the meeting between Charles, Harry and William – which, as we’ve discussed, did not turn out well – their father is angry with Harry.

Charles to step up responsibilities

And things could probably get even worse for Harry and Meghan if and when Charles becomes king.

Queen Elizabeth has remained steadfast in her duties for almost seven decades since inheriting the throne in 1952. Throughout this time, she’s battled personal turmoil within the Royal Family, global conflicts and many changes in the UK.

However, reports in the UK states that the Queen will start stepping back from her duties. Some of the her responsibilities might be handed over to others in her family. This includes, of course, Prince Charles.

“Her family will step up and be by her side, but she will carry on,” a source told People in early April.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Clarence House (@clarencehouse)

Even though Elizabeth will continue with her duties as the Queen, it will likely be extremely reassuring to have Prince Charles at her side. At the same time, Royal expert Angela Levin thinks that he will get his way.

Might “ditch” Meghan and Harry

With the Queen now 95 years old, former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt claims that Elizabeth soon will begin to slowly retract from the spotlight, and instead allow others to do the heavy lifting.

“Fundamentally, the queen will fade away gracefully,” Hunt said.

The fact that Prince Charles will inherit the throne might affect Harry and Meghan. According to royal expert Angela Levin, Prince Charles might ditch the couple from the Royal Family in order to cut costs.

“Prince Charles has wanted for a very long time to cut the monarchy down to save costs and to make people be worth the money that they got from the taxpayer,” Levin said on TalkRADIO, as quoted by the Express.

Queen Elizabeth Prince Charles
Shutterstock

Charles, it seems, doesn’t want to be the one to say “I’m sorry” to Harry. In fact, he might not even accept an apology at all.

‘Charles may never forgive Harry’

According to US Weekly, Charles is having a very hard time moving on from the fact that Meghan and Harry have “let down” the royals. During the Oprah interview, Harry even revealed that Charles stopped taking his calls following their move to the US.

However, the Queen is now starting to get tired of Charles not accepting the fact that Harry’s moved on.

“With the way things are going, Charles may never forgive Harry, which hasn’t gone down well with Elizabeth,” the insider tells US Weekly. “She feels that he’s putting his pride before the best interest of the monarchy. She has enough on her plate dealing with the loss of her husband. It’s drama she can do without.”

At the same time, William seems to have a better plan, one that the Queen prefers as well.

“[William] believes that in order to repair damage and destruction from Harry’s interview, the best approach is to keep things civil with his brother rather than fanning the flames and fighting back with a tit-for-tat attitude,” US Weekly reports.

“Elizabeth is proud of William for taking the dignified approach, unlike Charles, who still hasn’t forgiven Harry for dragging his name through the mud.”

Charles ‘deliberately’ snubs Meghan?

The Royal Family is currently moving on following the passing of their beloved family member, Prince Philip. But even though things seem to be going back to normal, Prince Charles continues to ‘deliberately’ snub Meghan Markle in any way he can.

As Meghan and Harry’s son Archie turned 2 last week, Royal Family members took to social media to congratulate the lovely little boy.

Prince Charles did just that, though one detail in the picture – or, rather, NOT in the picture – had people talking. Through he and wife Camilla’s Instagram account, “Clarence House”, Charles shared a picture of him together with Harry and Archie. Meghan, somewhat tellingly, wasn’t in it.

“It’s pretty daft to leave her [Meghan] out of it given that it wasn’t that many weeks ago she was American TV throwing accusations about the royal family left, right and centre,” Larcombe told Fabulous, as quoted by The Sun.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Clarence House (@clarencehouse)

“I see that as a deliberate sign of Prince Charles. Surely Prince Charles has enough nous to know how sensitive the situation is with his younger son and his wife.”

“‘Knew exactly what he was doing’

Prince Charles hasn’t seen his grandson Archie in over a year. Larcome pointed out that he could’ve posted that specific picture because well, it’s only one of very few pictures he had. However, Larcombe also added that this is not to be seen as any sort of peace sign.

“I’d be very surprised if Prince Charles didn’t know exactly what he was doing,” he said.

“While [Charles] has every intention of wishing his grandson the very best on his second birthday, that is where it ends. It is a birthday message for Archie and not an olive branch.”

What do you make of all this? Do you think Charles is doing the right think or should he accept an apology and move on? Give us your opinion in the comment section!

Meanwhile, share this article with friends and family on Facebook!

The post Prince Charles “deliberately” snubs Meghan Markle with new picture to mark Archie’s birthday appeared first on Happy Santa.



[ad_2]

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *