Franklin Senfles, 22, has been arrested in connection with the death of Hailey Deickman, an 18-year-old, who was set to graduate high school just days before her death.
According to police, authorities suspect Senfles believe the 22-year-old sold the high school senior the drugs that led to her accidental overdose and death.
The incident occurred May 14 in Belle Chasse, Louisiana. Police responded to a 911 call about a potential overdose. When they arrived they found two people who were unresponsive.
Hailey, who was one of the two, was pronounced dead at Ochsner Hospital Westbank Campus four days later.
The second victim, whose identity has not been released, is said to be okay, according to reports.
“We had two young females take what appears to be maybe fentanyl,” Plaquemines Parish Sheriff, Jerry Turlich, Jr. said.
It’s believed Hailey took what she thought was half a pill of Percocet, but it was counterfeit.
Hailey was set to graduate high school days before the accidental overdose. Instead, she will be remembered as an honor roll student, a friend, sister, and daughter.
Following her death, officials began an outreach program to inform students about the dangers of drugs.
“We do want them to understand the realities of what they’re taking. When they might just be thinking they’re going to have a temporary high, it could kill you,” Sheriff Turlich said.
After an investigation, Plaquemines Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested Senfles and charged him with second degree murder and attempted second degree murder in connection with the second victim.
“The amount of fentanyl currently being used in illegal narcotics is not only dangerous, but it’s becoming a major public safety issue,” said Sheriff Turlich. “We will continue to aggressively pursue any individual that spreads this poison into our community.”
What a horrible situation. My heart goes out to Hailey’s friends, family, and classmates.
Please share this on Facebook to spread the word on the importance of drug use.
The post Suspect arrested and charged with murder after teen dies of accidental overdose appeared first on Happy Santa.